Paestum and Buffalo Cheese factory Private Excursions
The tour lasts about 8 hours
Suggested pick up time 9:00 a.m. All of our private tours are customizable following your preferences.
- Departure in the morning to discover one of the most famous archaeological sites of the Campania Region: Paestum.
- The town was one of the major ancient Greek city on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea in Magna Graecia.
- The ruins of Paestum are notable for their three ancient Greek temples, which are in a very good state of preservation.
- You will see with an authorized guide, some of the best-preserved ruins, architecture and monuments, such as the Temple of Poseidon and the Basilica.
- Paestum is also renowned for its painted tombs, mainly belonging to the period of the Lucanian rule. The most famous burial monument is named Tomb of the Diver, painted with the true fresco technique, represents a lonely young man diving into a stream of water.
- After the walking tour of the ruins, you will be lead to a Local Factory of Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese.
- You could see the buffalo grazing on the garden and observe the production phases of the mozzarella and of the products derivatives of Buffalo Milk such us ice cream and yogurt.
- Lunch with delicious homemade products and transfer to the Hotel.