PAESTUM & BUFFALO FARM
Tuesday from 05 may to 20 october 2020
Starting at € 59,00
Greek Temples and Mozzarella tour!
Paestum is famous for two things, its ancient Greek Temples and its Mozzarella.
The temples considered some of the best-preserved temples in the world and the Mozzarella is unparalleled.
- Pick-up from your hotel or meeting point and depart by bus, drive southwards to the archeological site of Paestum where you will visit the ancient Greek colony founded in the 7th century BC.
- You will admire in the archeological area the three Doric temples – they are said to be the best-preserved Greek temples in the world.
- You will also visit Paestum’s museum which displays many fascinating artifacts, such as sculptures and tomb paintings discovered during excavations.
- After visiting the temples, you will visit a local farm, where the famous buffalo mozzarella cheese is produced, entirely made by hand and exclusively with buffalo milk.
Here a guided tour will show you the daily production and the stables where the most avantgarde techniques of milking are used, to safeguard animal welfare, hygiene and milk quality.
- At the end of the guided tour you will have a taste of this exquisite product!
After the visit, you will have some free time where you are free to purchase lunch from the farm’s own bistro or, of course if you prefer, you can bring your own packed lunch.
Return to Sorrento.
APPROXIMATLY ITINERARY TIMING:
07:30 Start Hotel Pickups
10:00 Arrive Temples of Paestum for 2 Hours visit
12:30 Arrive Mozzarella Farm for 1 Hour Tour
13:30 Fee time for lunch
15:00 Depart Mozzarella Farm
16:30 Return to Sorrento